1. Scripture for the Day For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4: 6
2. Praying the Theme for the Day Lord, the Bible informs us that You called light out of total darkness. You have said that you shine in our hearts to reflect your glory. As ____(name the person(s) you have chosen)__ go through a season of feeling lost because of the darkness around them, would you please send laborers into their lives who will shine out the light of salvation over and over again?
3. Ask the Lord to bring one of His special laborers into their lives to show them His love and grace.
4. Pray a specific blessing for your folks today concerning their family relations.
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16 (New International Version)
1. Scripture for the Day …God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 2 Timothy 1:9-10
2. Praying the Theme for the Day Lord, most of the people in the world miss the reason You came into our world, to die on the cross for our sins and to be raised to bring us the knowledge and experience of eternal live. Please help ____(name the person(s) you have chosen)__ to understand what You did when You walked the earth. Would You please make the gospel brilliantly clear to these folks that they might take hold of that which is life indeed?
3. Ask the Lord to bring several laborers into their lives to speak of the forgiveness of sins and eternal life they can experience not only in this life, but forever.
4. Pray a specific blessing for your folks today. Ask the Lord to show them His mercy in a way that they know without a doubt it is from His hand.
The heartfelt supplication of a righteous man exerts a mighty influence. James 5:16 (Weymouth New Testament)
1. Scripture for the Day Peter wrote for us: Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient... The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone and a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. 1 Peter 2:7-10
2. Praying the Theme for the Day Lord the Scriptures say that You are the One who called us out of darkness into Your marvelous light. Would you exert Your excellent call to ______(name the person(s) you have chosen)___ that they might be drawn from the darkness that surrounds their lives to Your mercy.
3. Ask the Lord to bring several laborers who let the light of their lives shine into the darkness surrounding these three lives.
4. Pray a specific blessing for your folks today by calming some fear that is in their lives.
The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective. James 5:16 (World English Bible)
1. Scripture for the Day Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. Psalm 43:3-4
2. Praying the Theme for the Day Send out Your light and proclaim Your truth again. Like the Psalm writer, I have come to You, into Your presence with joy and praise. O my God, please proclaim Your truth again to those who have heard Your word. Be pleased to make the light of the Gospel brilliant, guiding _____(name the person(s) you have chosen)__ to an authentic encounter with You. Illumine their minds and ignite their hearts with the joy of knowing the living God.
3. Ask the Lord to bring people to into their lives to show His light and truth into their lives.
4. Pray a specific blessing for your folks today asking God to show them help in an area in which they feel helpless.
The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working. James 5:16 (American Standard Version)
1. Scripture for the Day Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29
2. Praying the Theme for the Day Father, on the day Jesus was baptized, You inspired John the Baptizer to refer to Him as the Lamb of God who came to the world for the specific purpose of taking away the sin of the world. One day You spoke to my heart and I received the forgiveness of my sin because I understood and accepted Your Son’s death as the Passover Lamb for me. Would You please speak into _____(name the person(s) you have chosen)____’s life so that each of them might know Jesus as their Savior?
3. Ask the Lord to bring a knowledge of their sin to them and show forth the His love, forgiveness, mercy and grace that is found in Jesus Christ.
4. Pray a specific blessing for your friend for today in the area of their school or work.
Prayers offered by those who have God's approval are effective. James 5:16 (God’s Word Translation)